Welcome to CFA
CFA Summer National Champion!
CFA Fencer JERRICA LIAO becomes the 2013 Summer National Champion in Columbus Ohio this July 2013. There where over 200 participants in this event and Jerrica fought like a true CFA Champion all they way to the end. The direct elimination bouts in age 10 and 12 are the best of 2 out of 3 five touch bouts. In the finals bout the first one was tied when the 3 minute time limit expired and then Jerrica won the deciding touch in the one minute of overtime, and she then proceeded to win the second bout 5-1 and became US Summer National Champion. All of CFA and her coaches Ania and Daniel Tibbetts are very proud of her.
GO TEAM CFA!
SUMMER CLASSES & OLYMPIC SPORT CAMPS:
Beginning to intermediate levels
The front of this PDF flier in the right hand column of this page shows dates, days, times, cost, class and camp descriptions in detail. The second page or back of the flier tells you everything you would like to know if you want like to continue with the sport of your choice in our club.
The Cal Sports Club is the parent company of the renowned California Fencing Academy or CFA, the CSC Archery Center, and the CSC Horsemanship Program all of which are the lifetime sports of the founder Maestro Daniel Tibbetts who runs the club along with his wife and fencing master Ania Tibbetts.
Some info on the Summer Classes & Camps: We offer developmental classes and multi-sport camps in fencing, archery, and horsemanship which are all listed on the PDF flier above. The listings on this flier are for beginners who have never participated before to the novice and intermediate fencers who have taken a beginning class or camp from CFA or elsewhere. You can actually progress through 3 levels of camps in one summer. Please read the bulleted points below.
• All equipment is supplied for classes and camps
• We maintain a low teacher student ratio.
• Classes and camps do not fill up because we have plenty of qualified instructors and assistant instructors (you do not need to call first to see if we have room).
• We divide the camps by age, level, and gender depending on the enrollment and desire of the participants.
• Everyone is treated equal no matter what the level ability is.
• The Olympic Sport Camps offer half the camp time in each sport, but as you progress into next level camps you can begin to specialize in the sport of your choice.
How to register: Simply fill out the registration form at the bottom of the PDF flier and send it in with a check. You may also drop it off in an envelope at the club anytime through our mail slot in the door, or in person after 4:00Pm on weekdays or after 10:30 on Saturday. We apologize for not currently having internet registration while we are in the process of switching websites. if you are registering the week before the camp you should send an email to calsportsclub@yahoo with campers name, age, and dates and we'll get back to you quickly.
What if you want to continue after your summer program?
• After the classes and camps you can become a member in our developmental-recreational programs in the sport(s) of your choice.
• We have specific classes and complete programs in all three sports.
• After 3-6 months in the fencing developmental-recreational classes you can continue into our formal California Fencing Academy JOFD-Junior Olympic Fencing Development program, then you may even apply for selection to join the elite CFA NATIONAL TEAM. Fencing was our founding sport in 1988. CFA is one one of the countries top producers of National and Junior Olympic Champions with our coaches producing top eight finishers in World Cups, World Championships, and the silver medal in the Olympics, not to forget scholarships to about every major university in the USA.
• The CSC Archery Center was founded in 2009 and we have the same programs as fencing with developmental-recreational programs, and a formal USArchery JOAD-Junior Olympic Archery Development program. Our students have won every local youth tournament we have entered, and the program continues to grow in level and commitment with a staff of three certified instructors, and additional assistant instructors.
• The CSC Horsemanship Program was founded in 2005 and is primarily recreational trail riding, natural horsemanship, and endurance racing, but we have prepared many riders and horses who have gone on to compete. The instructors have credentials from the Certified Horsemanship Association, and we have several amazing Tennessee Walkers for every level of rider.
CALL NOW: 408.865.1950
Location: 891 East Hamilton Avenue. We are located on Hamilton ave between The Hwy 17 on ramp and Bascom Avenue behind the Clasic Car Wash. Turn into the driveway between the animal hospital and the runners store and we are located in the back of this parking lot on the left. See you there!