Welcome to CFA
champions inside and out California Fencing Academy Producing
CFA is known as the founding and leading club of Central Cal fencing on all fronts.
- Taught well over 20,000 people to fence - Thousands & thousands more than any other club in Central Cal.
- Top trainer of coaches being certified around the world
- Coached the San Jose State & Santa Clara University clubs & founded De Anza & West Valley College clubs
- Running ten different private, public, and home shool programs for elementary, through middle & high school
- Teaching camps for every YMCA in Santa Clara County
- Running continous classes with our city partners of Los Gatos & Saratoga for over 23 years now.
- Programs for the financially disadvantaged, special needs students, wheelchair athletes, and US veterans.
DIRECTIONS: From Bascom Ave and 280, you will drive to Hamilton and take a right turn. From Bascom Ave and Campell Ave, drive to Hamilton and turn left. From Hamiton and 17, drive east to Bascom and make a U-turn. Go past the car wash, and turn right into the first driveway between the Animal hospital and the runner’s store located just before Hwy 17/880. We are in the back corner. See you there.
2 Main Programs: A Quick Overview
The proven CFA pedagogical system of our Developmental & Recreational Program, and Junior Olympic Fencing Development program continues after 24 years to pump out and supply CFA with great members and future stars and
1. Developmental & Recreational
We welcome everyone into our comprehensive beginner to advanced program no matter your age, gender, level, athletic ability, or how much natural fencing talent you have. Fencing is unique because it is for absolutely everyone, and who the heck doesn't want to play with swords. Try swordplay now and give us a call, We have a place for you whether you want to compete or not.
Check out this link to our beginner flier now!
The classes on this PDF flier are for beginners who have never fenced before. All equipment is supplied with a low teacher student ration 8:1 is typical. Classes never fill up because we just add more staff. The front of the flier shows dates, days, times, cost, class description. The back tells everything about what happens after the class is completed.
See you in class!
2. Competitive Teams:
Our Junior Olympic Fencing Development program (JOFD) and the Senior & Veteran Team Programs will take care of all competitors who have high dreams, expectations, a good work ethic, and take direction well. JOFD is by invitation or application.
In 1990 Maestro Daniel Tibbetts and his athletes placed CFA in the upper elite ranking of clubs in the United States of America and CFA has held that position ever since. Our academy is designated by the United States Fencing Association as a "premiere" club which has consistently had fencers in the top of the national point standings since the clubs founding, while producing well over 1,500 top three sectional, top eight national, and international awards No other club in Silicon Valley or Central California comes even close to this.
The co-head coaches, academy fencing masters, and husband and wife Daniel & Ania Tibbetts have trained in their combined pedagogical system a long list of Champions in youth 10/12/14, cadet, junior, senior, and veteran age catagories with all three swords the foil, saber, and epee. Their pupils have become North American Individual and team finalists and medalists, lots of National & Junior Olympic Champions, many top 16 World Cup and top eight podium finishers in the Cadet & Junior World Championships, and a student who went on to win the Olympic bronze medal in Bejing China.
CALL NOW: 408.865.1950
2011-13 CFA Coaches Honors:
- Maestra Ania Tibbetts has been choosen as the USA youth developmental women's foil coach. She will lead the top 15 ranked youth girls in national training camps, european tournaments, etc.
- Maestro Daniel Tibbetts was chosen by US Fencing as a lead USA coach for cadet men's foil delegations to European circuit events in 2011-12.