Welcome to CFA
LEARN TO FENCE!
Introductory-Beginning Classes are for those with no, or a little experience. They are six week sessions with one meeting per week either on Wednesdays or Saturdays. Learn the basic positions, footwork, terminology, and safety (extremely safe), rules, ettiquite, and sportsmanship of Olympic fencing. In partnered drills you will learn to thrust, disengage, do feint attacks, actions on the blade, and various parries and ripostes. You even get to start fencing each other the second day of the session. It's a blast! The class is kept to a small ratio of about 8 or what we call 4 student pairs per USFCA certified instructor. We supply all the equipment and materials for the beginning program. Upon completion of the program you recieve a certificate of accomplishment and you are ready to join the novice level classes which are also held on Wednesday and Saturday.
The Archery and Horsemanship schedules and registrations are temporarily on this site as our new sites are currently being constructed for each sport. Please see the bottom of this page for registartion into the beginning classes of these sport activities.
- WINTER & SPRING SESSIONS:
Introductory-Beginning Classes are for those with no, or a little experience. They are six week sessions with one meeting per week either on Thursdays or Saturdays.
Archery & Fencing Camp
The renowned California Fencing Academy/CFA, the Cal Archery Center/CAC, and the Cal Horsemanship Club/CHC are the sport specific divisions of the Cal Sports Club Inc. These three sports are the lifetime sports of the founder Maestro Daniel Tibbetts who runs the club along with his wife and fencing master Ania Tibbetts.
• We have specific classes and complete programs in all three sports.
• The California Fencing Academy Fencing was our founding sport in 1988. CFA is one one of the countries top producers of a long list of National and Junior Olympic Champions, with our coaches producing top tier athletes with top eight fencers in World Cups, World Championships, and the silver medal in the Olympics, not to forget scholarships to about every major university in the USA. This season we have the number one girl in the country winning the Junior Olympics and becoming National Champion of the USA. We have a highly organized developmental program and recreational program all the way through the most elite.
• The CSC Archery Center was founded in 2009 and we have the same programs as fencing with developmental-recreational programs, and a formal USArchery JOAD-Junior Olympic Archery Development program. Our students have won every local youth tournament we have entered, and the program continues to grow in level and commitment with a staff of three certified instructors, and additional assistant instructors.
• The CSC Horsemanship Program was founded in 2005 and is primarily recreational trail riding, natural horsemanship, and endurance racing, but we have prepared many riders and horses who have gone on to compete. The instructors have credentials from the Certified Horsemanship Association, and we have several amazing Tennessee Walkers for every level of rider. We have just added a new smaller horse/pony 13.2 hands and trained as a children's and special needs pony which will allow us to teach our younger kids all the way through timid adults. We close during December and January for lessns outside our club students.
CALL NOW: 408.865.1950
Location: 891 East Hamilton Avenue. We are located on Hamilton ave between The Hwy 17 on ramp and Bascom Avenue behind the Clasic Car Wash. Turn into the driveway between the animal hospital and the runners store and we are located in the back of this parking lot on the left. See you there!