Thanks for taking interest in our Camps, Clinics & Workshops.
You will be happy you did!
We would like to explain a little about how the camps were started and then why we have such a huge passion for doing them.
Daniel Tibbetts is the Founder and Director of the California Fencing Academy and Cal Sports Club. He was teaching kids and adults even before he started his club and he has not stopped since.
Daniel has been putting on camps, clinics, and outings for the Los-Gatos Saratoga Recreation and other city programs since 1984, he was an educator as a Park Ranger and Environmental Interpreter for Parks and the Forest Service, and the West Valley Park Managment program running Seirra campgrounds. He was also a Personal Trainer and Sport Therapist who owned the Optimum Health Center and The Competitive Edge which were right across from Los Gatos High School. He has taken his life’s teaching experience and his passion for sports, horses, and the great outdoors and turned them into camps for kids!
Satisfaction is guaranteed by the owner (who directs the camp programs personally, and leads the Nature + Horse + Adventure camps himself). If you take part in the first day of camp and it is not to your satisfaction he will give you a 100% refund!
We have a very unique camp system.
- We offer half-day morning camps (9:00-12:30) and afternoon camps (1:00-4:30). These are single subject camps.
- Then you can also create your own full day camp (9:00-4:30) made up of two half day camps – for a discounted rate.
- There are many possible combinations of half day camps so you can design the activities you want to take part in.
- We usually offer extended care for one hour on each side of the camps 8:00-9:00 am and 4:30-5:30 PM. inquire about this availability.
2018 HALF-DAY CAMPS
- Nature Adventures (listed just as nature in the schedule)
2018 FULL-DAY CAMPS
- Fencing + Archery
- Horses + Nature
- Fishing + Nature
- Horse + Fencing
- Archery + Nature
Camps = Week-long or longer outings. They may be “Day Camps” which means you go go home at the end of each day, or “Overnight Camps” which means you lodge at a camp location.
Clinics = These are Two/Three-Day or an All-Day event usually held on a weekend.
Workshops = Usually a half day event 2-4 hours in length.