Camp Descriptions & Information
- UNIQUE CAMP SYSTEM: We offer half-day camps that you can take or combine to make a full-day combo-camps! The camp Head Coach puts the kids into different age. For half-day archery & fencing camps ages are 6-16. Other camps are 9-16 (if under 9 do not sign)
- HALF & FULL DAY CAMPS: 1/2 day camps are mornings 9:00-12:30 or after lunch 1:00-4:30 & Full day camps are 9:00-4:30.
- EXTENDED CARE: 8:00-9:00 AM & 430-6:00 PM. $20.00 per hour. Either AM or PM and purchase the week’s care in advance.
- THE STAFF: Each camp is directed by master level coaches and instructors. They are professionals (not students). They are assisted by interns from the CSC Coach’s College & Junior Mentorship Program in archery, fencing, horsemanship, and even fly fishing. Our camps are also unique as we invite and hire many guest lecturers, educators, and specialists to visit and educate our campers.
- EXPENSES: All equipment is included for all activities! Keep in mind many camps have extra expenses associated with them such as a van and driver, gas, park entry fees, an outside guide and rental fee like a slough kayak tour, or a horseback ride on the beach etc. Combo camps are a $51.00 discount compared to doing two half day camps! register on line at calfencingacademy.com for all camps.
HALF DAY CAMPS
- FENCING CAMPS
CALIFORNIA FENCING ACADEMY. Directed by Maestro Daniel Tibbetts and led by CFA Fencing Masters Gabi Cimpoaie & Adam Kuszobowski, and Junior Assistant Interns. Our half-day fencing camp teaches you the safety rules, basic form, technique, and how to keep score with lots of fun fencing games and mini tournaments. Camps are separated by ages and into levels from beginner to intermediate. All equipment is supplied and all fencers will get to try electronic scoring fencing just like in the Olympians! Ages 6-14. Most Fencing Camps are in the afternoons 1:00-4:30 at CSC. Cost is $275.00
- ARCHERY CAMPS
CALIFORNIA ARCHERY CENTER. Directed by Daniel Tibbetts and led by Archery Junior & Youth Head Coaches Nicolas Fraire & Christopher Gee, and Junior Assistant Interns. Our half-day archery camp teaches you safety, rules, basic form, and technique. You learn to keep score and partake in lots of fun archery games and mini tournaments. Camps are separated by ages and into levels from beginner to intermediate. All equipment is supplied and all archers will get to use recurve, and genesis compound bows. Ages 6-14. Most Archery Camps are in the mornings 9:00-12:30 at CSC. Cost is $275.00
- HORSE CAMPS
CALIFORNIA HORSEMANSHIP SCHOOL. Directed by Daniel Tibbetts and led by Parelli Professional Trainer Sandi Parker with Junior Assistant Interns. Learn to bond, ride and care for a horse this summer. You will learn how to mount, dismount, start, stop, steer, and back up your horse while using natural horsemanship techniques. We use a unique circuit system of fun exercises, training games, and horse trick stations. This is a fun, highly educational week-long experience. We ride western style on experienced horses like Harley, French Frye, Shadow, Sadie, and Oreo. Camp includes horse/tack/training book & materials, and transportation to the stable and trail rides. Camps are led by Cal Sports Club’s Horsemanship School at Bear Creek Stables in Los Gatos and other local locations. Ages 9 to 14. These camps are in the mornings (when its cooler) 9:00-12:30. We meet and pickup at CSC. $325.00
- NATURE CAMPS
CALIFORNIA OUTDOOR EDUCATION & ADVENTURE SCHOOL. Directed and led by Daniel Tibbetts an ex-conservation worker, wildland firefighter, ranger, US forest service employee, and a current avid naturalist, outdoorsman, fly fisherman, and educator. Camps have Jr. assistants. Each session offers a fun filled afternoon of awesome nature adventures where students will learn about the Bay area’s diverse ecosystems. These camps activities are designed to the interests of the students and at the camp leader’s discretion. We go to various locations for exploration, education and outdoor adventures. All state park, entry fees, guest guide fees, equipment, and van transportation, driver, and materials are included in the cost. Ages 9 to 14. 1:00-4:30. We meet and pickup at CSC. Fee is $325.00
- FISH CAMPS
CALIFORNIA OUTDOOR EDUCATION & ADVENTURE SCHOOL. Directed and led by Daniel Tibbetts who is Certified as both a Fly & spin fishing Instructor through the National Fishing in Schools Association. He is past ranger, and an avid naturalist, outdoorsman, and educator.
Learn all about fresh and saltwater fish and fishing from the pros! Learn to identify fish species and study what they like to eat and where they like to hang out. You will learn how to find fish by reading the water, weather, and bait hatches. Learn to rig up your gear for different types of fishing, and see how a fly is tied and how to choose a lure. Fish and wildlife conservation, safe fishing practices, barbless hooks, catch and release and which fish are safe to eat is all covered. Visit a fish hatchery and the department of Fish and Game while being educated on environmental impacts on fishing such as logging, dams, insecticides, poor fishing practices. Learn what fish are safe to eat. We will explore and study fishing waters, and we’ll go fishing with everyone learning to effectively cast a lure and a fly! All state park, entry fees, guest guide fees, equipment, and van transportation are included in the cost. Boy and girl fishermen 9-14 years old. This is a morning camp. 9:00-1:30. We meet and pickup at CSC. Fee is $325.00
FULL DAY CAMPS
See descriptions of half day camps above. All transportation from site to site or between activities is run with a Club Shuttle, all equipment and supplies provided.
- FENCING + ARCHERY $499.00 (ages 6-14)
- ARCHERY + NATURE $599.00 (ages 9-14)
- HORSE + NATURE $599.00 (ages 9-14)
- HORSE + FENCING $599.00 (ages 9-14)
- FISHING + NATURE $599.00 (ages 9-12)